Weapon Talents Explained and Rated.

BrotherBiscuit

Staff.In.Training
Staff-Member
Nov 26, 2020
The talents will be listed in order of their Tier and Alphabetically. I will not be covering talents that only appear on unique weapons (Energized, paintball, etc).

Ratings:
  1. Sky Blue - Almost always the best talent to have on any gun.
  2. Green - A great talent. Better than most with no or nearly no drawbacks.
  3. Yellow - An alright talent. It's upsides could be marginal or it could have drawbacks/prerequisites that limit it's usefulness.
  4. Orange - A talent that has marginal upsides with drawbacks, or marginal upsides that are difficult to activate. Not a good talent.
  5. Red - Reserved for talents that actively make your weapon worse or have literally no upside.

Tier 1 Talents:

Accurate - Increase accuracy by 15 - 25%. Nothing much to talk about, a decent talent that provides a small upside.

Adrenaline Rush - Increase damage by 5 - 15% for 9 - 12 seconds after a kill. This stacks, and at good rolls can easily lead to your gun dealing 45% extra damage for a few seconds. Requires you to kill people, but as a traitor you're doing that anyway.

Armor Piercing - Ignore body armor. Because of how body armor works, this talent could say "Deal 42% more damage to traitors and detectives". Unfortunately most people only care about dealing damage to innocents on your Traitor rounds, which limits it's usefulness. Still a decent talent.

Brutal - Increase headshot damage by 11 - 25%. Can turn certain weapons into 1 or 2 tap headshots. Can be completely useless on other weapons that already 1 or 2 tap the head. This talent is either Orange or Green, with no in-between. For most weapons, it's Orange.

Center Mass - Increases damage to the torso by 15 - 30%. This is probably the best T1 talent in the game for most weapons. Unless your gun 2 taps the body already, you will find this talent useful. Even if you already 2 tap the body, it can combo with explosive/prepared to create 1 tap sniper rifles. Great talent on almost any gun. Orange on any gun that doesn't get upgraded in some way by it's damage.

Close Quarters - Increase damage by 10 - 20% if you're closer than 8 - 13 feet. Damage is lower than Center Mass and has a prerequisite, but also works on headshots. Yellow on any gun you'll be using in close quarters combat, Orange on everything else.

Cowardice - Increase damage by 5 - 25% when shooting someone in the back. Decreases damage by 5 - 25% when shooting them facing you. I cannot overstate how bad this talent is. This is a weapon killer, and is the only T1 talent in the game that actively makes your weapon worse. If you are shooting someone in the back, you're going to kill them anyway because you clearly have the jump on them. You don't need bonus damage when shooting someone you're already basically guaranteed to kill anyway. You unfortunately do need extra damage in a firefight, when the person is shooting back at you. Terrible talent, and unfortunately turns any gun into a decon regardless how much it fits your "playstyle".

Desperate Times - Deal 10 - 40% more damage when below 25 - 75 health. At good rolls, this can be an insane amount of damage for a drawback of needing to hurt yourself to 70ish HP. Great on snipers that can be pushed to 1 shot kills.

Fracture - Increase damage by 15 - 30% to limbs. Not a bad talent, not a great talent. Basically free damage when you miss the head/torso.

Head On - Increases damage by 5 - 25% if they are facing you. Decreases damage by 5 - 25% if they are facing away from you. You don't need extra damage to shoot someone in the back successfully. You do need it when they're firing back. Good talent. Not as good as Center Mass, but still a damn good talent if you get good rolls on it.

Lightweight - Increases your movement speed by 5 - 15%. On a primary weapon this is not very useful. On a melee weapon, it's the best T1 talent available.

Provident - Has a 40% chance to increase your damage by 15 - 30%. For shotguns and higher RPM weapons, this can be read as: "Increase your damage by 6 - 12%". The damage applies to headshots, limbs, and torso. Great for high RPM weapons, Bad for low RPM weapons.

Silenced - Makes your weapon silenced. Nice on snipers but you have better options. Useless on weapons silenced by default.

Swift - Reload 25 - 60% faster. Decent on any weapon, but you have better options.

Trigger Finger - Increases your RPM by 8 - 25%. If this can get you over the RPM threshold (A separate post for that is coming later) then it's amazing. Otherwise it actually has no tangible benefit.

Tier 2 Talents:

Explosive - Has a % chance to cause an explosion that deals 13.37 - 42 damage. The percent chance decreases the higher your RPM is, with an average of 0.84 - 1.20 explosions being caused per second of firing. Weapons with low enough RPM will cause an explosion every shot. This is considered to be the best T2 talent available for Primary and Secondary weapons by many people.

Extended Mag - Increases your maximum ammo capacity by 15 - 40%. Decent talent that lets you shoot longer before running out of bullets. Will always give it at least 1 extra round in the magazine.

Fortified - Oh boy. After killing someone, you have a 50 - 80% chance to gain 5 - 10% damage reduction for 5 - 20 seconds. If it rolls poorly, this talent is basically negligible. If it rolls well, it can be a nice buffer to your health as a traitor. It DOES NOT stack, which would make it actually decent. As of now it's slightly worse than other middle of the road talents.

Groceries - Every shot has a 5 - 20% chance to shoot projectiles that deal 15 - 45 damage each. Shotguns will fire as many projectiles as they have pellets if it procs. For high RPM weapons, this is a great talent that can really put out the damage. For low RPM weapons you have better options.

Mark - Each hit has a 10 - 35% chance to give you wallhacks on the person you hit for 5 - 25 seconds. The wallhacks are shared with your teammates. Is completely broken for Stalker rounds, otherwise isn't super useful as the time to kill in TTT is very low.

Medicality - While holding the weapon you gain 1 health back every 1 - 3 seconds. For primary weapons this isn't a good talent as you have other options that will let you deal way more damage or heal much faster. For melee weapons this is the single best T2 talent available.

Meticulous - After getting a kill you have a 10 - 30% chance to refill your magazine. Not much else to say, other than Replenish is nearly a strictly better version of this talent. Maybe decent on the double barrel shotgun, but once again, you'd be better off with Replenish.

Predatory - Killing someone regenerates 10 - 35 health over 10 - 35 seconds. This is better for your primary than Medicality, but still strictly worse than Vampiric.

Prepared - Damage is increased by 10 - 20% when you shoot someone more than 25 - 40 feet away. This stacks with T1 damage talents and can be used to create 1 shot snipers. Great on snipers if they get you over a damage threshold, garbage on anything else.

Replenish - When you hit someone you have a 40 - 80% chance to refill a bullet in your magazine. This is a strictly superior version of Meticulous and is great on weapons with low magazine size such as the double barrel.

Scavenger - After killing someone you have a 20 - 50% chance to receive 5 - 30 ammo. I'm not sure how Meticulous and Scavenger are separate talents, but there you go.

Speedforce - After killing someone you gain 5 - 15% movement speed for 5 - 15 seconds. Nice talent that lets you go FAST as a traitor, but doesn't help you actually kill people or heal.

Stability - Reduces recoil by 15 - 20%. Nothing else to say, not a bad talent, not a good talent.

Strength In Numbers - Ugh this is a long one. For every person within 20 - 40 feet, you gain 2 - 6% damage up to a maximum of 20 - 35% damage. Special teammates such as detectives and traitors increase the damage by 6 - 10% instead. At good rolls this looks like it could be a good talent, but there are conflicting reports on whether or not it actually works. Absolutely garbage on sniper rifles, decent on anything else.

Sustained - Killing someone gets you 15 - 40 health back. Straightforward talent that helps you stay alive.

Vampiric - The only other contender for best in T2 slot. Every hit has a 40 - 60% chance to heal you for 25 - 75% of the damage you deal. Good rolls on this talent will have you winning firefights you would have otherwise lost and continually keep you at max health. Amazing talent. Poor rolls can make it less than worthwhile though.

Visionary - After a kill you have a 10 - 40% chance to get wallhacks against all players for 3 - 10 seconds if they are within 10 - 100 feet. On a sniper rifle and with good rolls, this can be absolutely wonderful. Otherwise it's a marginal benefit at best that only has a maximum chance to proc of 40%.

Tier 3 Talents:

Coming soon. TLDR: Leech, Inferno, and Soften are good. The rest are pretty much useless. Dragonborn can be fun tho. YEET.

Last edited:

SirInsanity

Staff.In.Training
Staff-Member
Dec 3, 2020
SLOG has been fixed to shoot only 3 pellets at 32dmg each and each shot will now work as if it's just 1 entity that can proc the groceries not 3 or 32+ entities with the capability to proc the talent.

Last edited:

SirInsanity

Staff.In.Training
Staff-Member
Dec 3, 2020
Also, medicality can be good on low rpm guns like snipers because of the decreased ability to proc some talents.

BrotherBiscuit

Staff.In.Training
Staff-Member
Nov 26, 2020
Also, medicality can be good on low rpm guns like snipers because of the decreased ability to proc some talents.

Debatable. Snipers can still proc Sustained and Vampiric which will heal more than medicality will. Shotguns proc Vampiric per pellet. It might be decent on a secondary just to try to heal over time, but you're better off with other options.

CrustyTheMoist

Dec 8, 2020
It pains me that you call predatory a worse version of sustained or vampiric.
Imo its one of if not the best t2 talent, because you didn't even point out the fact that it stacks and procs on each and every kill.
a good predatory, even a 1-1 ratio (1 second = 1 health) will allow you to tank servers more than vampiric or sustained can.
Pair it with leech, might as well be invincible. Also its a passive heal, so if a T gets you low or you get tagged before you have the chance to heal again, it will fill you back up. I mean seriously, with a good predatory, I clean up 3-4 easy kills and now I am regening 90-120 hp in 15-20 seconds. Thats insane!

Feel like you are extremely underestimating just how strong predatory is. I have found so much more success with predatory than I have with vampiric (random chance and only a percentage heal that can end up being very miniscule with certain guns), and sustained (Not passive, if you get low and the server is on your back, you can't retreat and heal easily, meanwhile with predatory you will consistently be able to heal and get back into the fight.)

Predatory, in my eyes, is the best healing T2 you can get, then sustained, then vampiric. If you are all about a hit and run playstyle (like most players), predatory is very, VERY effective.

Sharkatron

Dec 16, 2020
Imo its one of if not the best t2 talent, because you didn't even point out the fact that it stacks and procs on each and every kill.
a good predatory, even a 1-1 ratio (1 second = 1 health) will allow you to tank servers more than vampiric or sustained can.
Pair it with leech, might as well be invincible. Also its a passive heal, so if a T gets you low or you get tagged before you have the chance to heal again, it will fill you back up. I mean seriously, with a good predatory, I clean up 3-4 easy kills and now I am regening 90-120 hp in 15-20 seconds. Thats insane!

Feel like you are extremely underestimating just how strong predatory is. I have found so much more success with predatory than I have with vampiric (random chance and only a percentage heal that can end up being very miniscule with certain guns), and sustained (Not passive, if you get low and the server is on your back, you can't retreat and heal easily, meanwhile with predatory you will consistently be able to heal and get back into the fight.)

Predatory, in my eyes, is the best healing T2 you can get, then sustained, then vampiric. If you are all about a hit and run playstyle (like most players), predatory is very, VERY effective.

I cannot stress this enough. Predatory is imo one of the best healing traits. I once had a galil that had predatory and I was able to regen over and over again. It allowed me to tank entire servers and handle 1 v # much more effectively than any other healing traits. The current galil I am using has near perfect sustained and while it is good, I am not able to be as aggressive as I used to be. There are times I have to wait and eat a sandwich before I go back into a fight. Sustained is good for instantaneous heal, it gets wasted once you reach the max hp. With predatory, you can stack them up and heal in progress. Given the time span of the trait, it will give you a much higher "effective hp" for a time span.

Reactions: CrustyTheMoist

BrotherBiscuit

Staff.In.Training
Staff-Member
Nov 26, 2020

Vampiric is better than predatory in nearly every situation that matters.

Vampiric: 60% chance to heal 75% of damage dealt. This is (roughly) equivalent to healing 45% of all damage dealt.

Predatory: On kill heal for 3.5 health every second for 10 seconds.

Situation 1: You're low on HP (35) and kill someone who doesn't fight back

Vampiric heals for 45% of all damage dealt, so 100 damage * .45 = 45 health gained. This doesn't even account for over-damage, like getting a headshot with a sniper, which will heal you for WAY more than 45 health.

Predatory heals you for 35 health over the next 10 seconds.

Vampiric: 45 minimum << Winner
Predatory: 35 (over 10 seconds)

Situation 2: You're at full HP (100), just killed someone, and are in a firefight with another person.

Assuming the firefight lasts 5 seconds (which I think is MORE than fair) predatory will heal you for 17 health over the course of the fight.
Vampiric will heal you for 45% of all damage dealt.

Any damage you deal at full health is wasted with Vampiric. Likewise, any regen you take while at full health is wasted with predatory.

Here's a mock combat:

You deal 20 damage to Other
Other deals 20 damage to You

Only Vampiric lets you survive this combat. If Other missed one additional shot, Predatory would have let you survive as well, but so would Medicality.

Overall, I think I rated Sustained too highly and Predatory too low. They're both yellow.

Vampiric is better than both of them. There's not really room for much debate on it.

CrustyTheMoist

Dec 8, 2020

Vampiric: 60% chance to heal 75% of damage dealt. This is (roughly) equivalent to healing 45% of all damage dealt.

Vampiric heals for 45% of all damage dealt, so 100 damage * .45 = 45 health gained. This doesn't even account for over-damage, like getting a headshot with a sniper, which will heal you for WAY more than 45 health.

Situation 2: You're at full HP (100), just killed someone, and are in a firefight with another person.

Assuming the firefight lasts 5 seconds (which I think is MORE than fair) predatory will heal you for 17 health over the course of the fight.

Any damage you deal at full health is wasted with Vampiric. Likewise, any regen you take while at full health is wasted with predatory.

Here's a mock combat:

Only Vampiric lets you survive this combat. If Other missed one additional shot, Predatory would have let you survive as well, but so would Medicality.

Overall, I think I rated Sustained too highly and Predatory too low. They're both yellow.

Vampiric is better than both of them. There's not really room for much debate on it.
I'm just saying you overall did predatory dirty by leaving out the fact that it stacks, and paired with leech it becomes pretty ridiculous.
I had a round with a predatory aug where I got 15 kills, I couldn't die, no other healing talent would have had that effect. At worse, I think predatory and vampiric are on par. Sustained is good, but predatory and vampiric are much stronger.

EDIT: Also like Sharkatron said, it isn't wasted when you are at full HP. It lingers and can save you in a way both vampiric and sustained cant (No procs, have to retreat but still passively healing quickly)

Sammy Boy

Dec 7, 2020

Here's a mock combat:

The thing is, predatory stacks. Taking into consideration talent combos, trig, predatory, leech is IMO the best talent combo in the game (if thresholds ever get maxed). Trig increases your dps, while pred and leech keep you alive. Predatory stacks with each kill so that you can almost stay unkillable if you kill enough people, especially with leech backing this up.

BrotherBiscuit

Staff.In.Training
Staff-Member
Nov 26, 2020
The thing is, predatory stacks. Taking into consideration talent combos, trig, predatory, leech is IMO the best talent combo in the game (if thresholds ever get maxed). Trig increases your dps, while pred and leech keep you alive. Predatory stacks with each kill so that you can almost stay unkillable if you kill enough people, especially with leech backing this up.
Predatory lets you stack 3 HP/S at the highest rolls, so assuming 4 stacks (which is EXTREMELY generous) you're healing 12 hp/s.

Vamp lets you get 45% of the damage you deal as health. I'll take the Vamp any day.

CrustyTheMoist

Dec 8, 2020
Predatory lets you stack 3 HP/S at the highest rolls, so assuming 4 stacks (which is EXTREMELY generous) you're healing 12 hp/s.

Vamp lets you get 45% of the damage you deal as health. I'll take the Vamp any day.
1609861782517.png 1609861943298.png1609862426307.png
I know I'm biased towards predatory, and having 4 stacks isn't extremely generous. These are just the clips I had readily available when I used my aug, but getting 5-6 stacks of predatory is not unusual (at least in my case).
I seriously feel like you are still underestimating just how strong predatory really is. For vamp and sustained, you need to constantly be putting out damage to get effect from it. Predatory is passive. Need to reload? still healing. Need to retreat? Still healing. Out of ammo? Still healing baby. On that first one, I was completely out of ammo by the time I took that picture, but I could still heal back all of my health despite that, and then some if I took more damage. Thats really, REALLY strong. I could tank multiple shots with all of those, and still heal after the fight is over.

BrotherBiscuit

Staff.In.Training
Staff-Member
Nov 26, 2020
View attachment 420 View attachment 421View attachment 422
I know I'm biased towards predatory, and having 4 stacks isn't extremely generous. These are just the clips I had readily available when I used my aug, but getting 5-6 stacks of predatory is not unusual (at least in my case).
I seriously feel like you are still underestimating just how strong predatory really is. For vamp and sustained, you need to constantly be putting out damage to get effect from it. Predatory is passive. Need to reload? still healing. Need to retreat? Still healing. Out of ammo? Still healing baby. On that first one, I was completely out of ammo by the time I took that picture, but I could still heal back all of my health despite that, and then some if I took more damage. Thats really, REALLY strong. I could tank multiple shots with all of those, and still heal after the fight is over.
I'm assuming you don't have the minimum time rolled, which makes getting stacks easier but makes the healing over time slower and makes things like the above screenshot possible.

Predatory isn't bad, yall have convinced me that's it's actually pretty decent, but if you have a longer time roll on it, your healing is just that much weaker initially. Those first 5 kills only net you 1 or 2 HP per second per kill.

But it looks really impressive when you pop off and get 11+ kills. My guns that have vamp don't LOOK impressive with a shitload of healing stacks when I get over 10 kills, but I'm constantly at full HP and winning fights I shouldn't thanks to the healing.

And the healing comes into effect every fight

And the healing is instant.

Predatory is good, Vamp is better.

CrustyTheMoist

Dec 8, 2020
I'm assuming you don't have the minimum time rolled, which makes getting stacks easier but makes the healing over time slower and makes things like the above screenshot possible.

Predatory isn't bad, yall have convinced me that's it's actually pretty decent, but if you have a longer time roll on it, your healing is just that much weaker initially. Those first 5 kills only net you 1 or 2 HP per second per kill.

But it looks really impressive when you pop off and get 11+ kills. My guns that have vamp don't LOOK impressive with a shitload of healing stacks when I get over 10 kills, but I'm constantly at full HP and winning fights I shouldn't thanks to the healing.

And the healing comes into effect every fight

And the healing is instant.

Predatory is good, Vamp is better.
I'm always going to say vamp and pred are on par, and med and sustained are staying in the backseat.
Even if you don't get a perfect time roll on it, you as long as its 1/1, it can still pump out some serious healing with enough stacks. Also predatory gets a lot weaker on lower damaging guns and lower rpm guns, while predatory will always be consistently good on every single gun. Something to account for.
Also I still feel like you're ignoring just how strong the passive effect of predatory is. Having the passive heal is a huge benefit to the perk (My aug was out of ammo, but I was still getting the heal benefits no matter what I had equipped). I was tanking servers with that predatory and its a 1/1 ratio.
Glad I convinced you a bit though.

I will never not be a predatory simp.

OrphsCookie

Nov 23, 2020
View attachment 420 View attachment 421View attachment 422
IMO time to kill on the server is too low for you to be able to tank at all with all of those stacks. A lot of guns can 1 or 2 tap and most can 3 tap to the head. A lot of the time if you're a T and you're in an active gunfight reloading, switching weapons, or anything that's not shooting, you're dead. Vamp helps you heal back up during the gunfights and when you need it most, which is when you're shooting people/in a gunfight. vamp can also heal more than predatory on average. I also don't like waiting 15+ seconds to heal back maybe 25-35 hp at the highest end of the talent when most gunfights are over in a few seconds and as T you need to be quickly killing people to not get called out/noticed as the traitor. However favorite / best talents are up to opinion, and in my opinion versatility and strength is more important than something that is situationally good.

CrustyTheMoist

Dec 8, 2020
IMO time to kill on the server is too low for you to be able to tank at all with all of those stacks. A lot of guns can 1 or 2 tap and most can 3 tap to the head. A lot of the time if you're a T and you're in an active gunfight reloading, switching weapons, or anything that's not shooting, you're dead. Vamp helps you heal back up during the gunfights and when you need it most, which is when you're shooting people/in a gunfight. vamp can also heal more than predatory on average. I also don't like waiting 15+ seconds to heal back maybe 25-35 hp at the highest end of the talent when most gunfights are over in a few seconds and as T you need to be quickly killing people to not get called out/noticed as the traitor. However favorite / best talents are up to opinion, and in my opinion versatility and strength is more important than something that is situationally good.
You won't be able to tank with vampiric based on how fast guns damage as well. I've 2-3 tapped vampiric users just fine, it doesn't make a difference in that scenario. The only time I've lost to vampiric is when I hit bodyshots, and can't heal myself as an inno. Otherwise, I beat out vampiric just fine with headshots, and pred stacks.
Also the highest rolls of the talent is 10 seconds for 35 hp, meaning in 10 seconds with multiple easy stacks (its not hard to get 2-3 quick and easy kills at the round start), you can heal to full faster than a sandwich.

Again, I'm remaining biased on this. Predatory has given me more success than any other healing talent.

BrotherBiscuit

Staff.In.Training
Staff-Member
Nov 26, 2020
You won't be able to tank with vampiric based on how fast guns damage as well. I've 2-3 tapped vampiric users just fine, it doesn't make a difference in that scenario. The only time I've lost to vampiric is when I hit bodyshots, and can't heal myself as an inno. Otherwise, I beat out vampiric just fine with headshots, and pred stacks.
Also the highest rolls of the talent is 10 seconds for 35 hp, meaning in 10 seconds with multiple easy stacks (its not hard to get 2-3 quick and easy kills at the round start), you can heal to full faster than a sandwich.

Again, I'm remaining biased on this. Predatory has given me more success than any other healing talent.
"I beat vampiric when I kill someone in the first 2 shots of an encounter"

Bruhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

CrustyTheMoist

Dec 8, 2020
"I beat vampiric when I kill someone in the first 2 shots of an encounter"

Bruhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
He made the same point to me
"IMO time to kill on the server is too low for you to be able to tank at all with all of those stacks. A lot of guns can 1 or 2 tap and most can 3 tap to the head."
Why was my response the problem? He can do it but I can't?