Staff Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

DemonTheDreamen

Aug 10, 2020
1. What is your Steam Name & SteamID? - DemonTheDreamen & STEAM_0:0:139688846

2. Do you have a Microphone? - Yes

3. What NotFound.Tech Server are you applying for? ( BaseWars or Murder )? - BaseWars

4. What are your availability times ( Weekdays/Weekends & Timezone )? - weekends and weekdays at least still school starts, and I'm almost always available until 10pm or 9pm (CDT)

5. Do you have any experience staffing & are you experienced with using ULX? - I was a TMod on a DarkRP for about 4 weeks before it was shut down so I dont have a ton of experience ;-;, and I don't recall ever using ULX

6. Why did you choose to apply for NotFound.Tech Servers? - I've just been playing on the server for a while now, and I've met a lot of cool people and just wanna help the server stay as awesome as it is right now :D

7. Do you have the ability to record for proof/evidence? - Yes, I have a recording service that records all the time and I can tell it to do instant replays

8. What are your current in-game hours on the server you are applying for? - ATM 19h 20m 5s

9. Why do you think we should choose you over others to join the staff team? - Honestly, I'm sure there are other more qualified people out there for admin... but I have just been looking for a chance to help servers out, and I wanna try to grow and get better with both gmod and being a Mod in general.

10. If you get accepted and when you are a high enough rank do you plan on becoming Network Staff? - Probably, I might just have to see if I manage to get up there.

11. How old are you? - 17

12. Are you bilingual if so what languages can you speak? I can speak some german, I went to 2 years of german classes...

- Scenarios -

1. If someone was chat spamming what would you do? - If possible you could issue them a temp mute, or issue them a verbal and just tell them that you are watching them. If they were trolling I would ask a higher up what course of action to take, or have them handle any further punishment

2. If someone was having an argument that started getting out of control in chat what would you do? - Freeze the players that are fighting, and hear both sides, and if it isnt something I think I can handle on my own I would see if I could get someone to help me with it. In my opinion I think experience would help me answer a lot better seeing as I've never had to actualy deal with any big fights before, that's also why I would ask for help. To try and pick up on how others might try to deffuse and try to use that next time it happens

3. If another staff member was abusing their rank what would you do? - First I would tell the owner or one of the seniors, but I don't think I could do anything other than record it and notify the person that I was sending the info to the forums and notifying the higher ups.

4. If you noticed a player in the distance prop spamming what would you do? ( BaseWars ) - ASsk them to remove their props and issue them a verbal, and if it doesn't stop warn them... but if they are just clearly trolling I could get help with further punishment

5. If someone has entities outside of their base what would you do? ( BaseWars ) - Inform the person that they have entities outside their base and ask them to move them, if they don't I could move them myself and issue them a verbal.

Taullarcis

Administrator
Staff-Member
Apr 5, 2020
5. Do you have any experience staffing & are you experienced with using ULX? - I was a TMod on a DarkRP for about 4 weeks before it was shut down so I dont have a ton of experience ;-;, and I don't recall ever using ULX
Some staff experience helps, and not knowing ULX isnt the worst thing as it can be taught.

8. What are your current in-game hours on the server you are applying for? - ATM 19h 20m 5s
Perhaps some more playtime to get more accustomed to the community wouldn't hurt too much.

1. If someone was chat spamming what would you do? - If possible you could issue them a temp mute, or issue them a verbal and just tell them that you are watching them. If they were trolling I would ask a higher up what course of action to take, or have them handle any further punishment
You usually wont punish until after a verbal warn

5. If someone has entities outside of their base what would you do? ( BaseWars ) - Inform the person that they have entities outside their base and ask them to move them, if they don't I could move them myself and issue them a verbal.
Informing and asking to move them should be considered your verbal warning, if they refuse that is when you issue punishment, not another verbal warn.

As for my personal experiences with you in game, I have had some encounters with you, some times you seem kind of chill, and others you may seem more aggressive and 'toxic'. Though you are more of the former than the latter.

Overall I would say some more time on the server would be nice, some work on attitude in those small occasions (especially towards staff), and maybe think more on your responses to the scenarios, possibly by watching how staff handle them in action.

Weeabamboozled

Senior-Administrator
Staff-Member
Feb 26, 2019
Texas
4. What are your availability times ( Weekdays/Weekends & Timezone )? - weekends and weekdays at least still school starts, and I'm almost always available until 10pm or 9pm (CDT)
School for most people is right around the corner, would you be able to elaborate on a schedule during school time?

I think the hours are a little lacking but decent considering the recent reset. This can just be fixed with playing the game. :)

3. If another staff member was abusing their rank what would you do? - First I would tell the owner or one of the seniors, but I don't think I could do anything other than record it and notify the person that I was sending the info to the forums and notifying the higher ups.
You wouldn't want to tell the person your reporting in case there is retaliation and if no one is online that can control them. Then there will be some issues.

As for my personal experiences with you in game, I have had some encounters with you, some times you seem kind of chill, and others you may seem more aggressive and 'toxic'. Though you are more of the former than the latter.
I definitely agree with this, however BaseWars is a very toxic game mode which is very competitive between players so some toxicity is to be expected and I would only see this as a problem as long as you are able to control yourself and show restraint during serious matters.

I think the hours would be the only thing lacking but can improve over time and I would like to see or hear about more positive interactions.
So in my opinion, you deserve a

+0

D

Deleted member 164

9. Why do you think we should choose you over others to join the staff team? - Honestly, I'm sure there are other more qualified people out there for admin... but I have just been looking for a chance to help servers out, and I wanna try to grow and get better with both gmod and being a Mod in general.
this question is made for applicants to show us why to chose them over any other. what you've effectively done is show me that there are better candidates, and that we should not pick you. confidence in your ability is #1 priority when being staff.

Your scenarios are alright, a few things id change but not too much. You should work on your hours though, try and get yourself situated within the community. no one likes having a staff member that no one has ever met or heard of.

Captain Oppai

God Of Sempus
Director
Staff-Member
May 15, 2019
Denied
We thank you for your application, however, we believe that you are unfit to join our Staff Team.
You may re-apply on 9/04/2020

Status
Not open for further replies.