Sigurd's Slicing Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saxton Fail

Aug 4, 2019
Not all rebels need a firearm to defeat their enemies. So I created this list of mods and links for primitive and crude crafted non-gunpowder weapons.

Hunting Bow - Shad & Jucky |
A wooden bow was one of the most useful weapons in the battle field, able to pierce armor and skulls.
+PROS
More pain inflicted than a pistol
Crafted easily
Arrows can be crafted more easily
=PROS/CONS
The power and pain of the bow matters on the strength stat
-CONS
Is large and you cannot hide it and must have it in your hand or strung to your back
When Takes time to string it back
Most people that will handle the bow will not have the strength for the arrow to pierce combine armor

🔗

No More Room In Hell Melee Weapons - Percy |
If you've ever played No More Room in Hell then you would know that they have some pretty nice weapons. |This is a series of weapons that are pretty self explanitory when you see them so I won't put any pros and cons!!!|

🔗

Dual Edge Sword SWEP - TheGammaGhost |
The HL2 lore never said they got rid of the metal workers. So a sword is Ideal for rebel forces.
+PROS
Can end fights very easily.
Inflicts mortal wounds
=PROS/CONS
Makes a loud noise when pulled out
-CONS
Easily detectable
Could hit anyone if a swing isn't careful
Takes an *ss load of time to make
Needs a forge outside to make

🔗

And there is is, ladies and gentlemen. There is my weapons suggestions

Mr. HeadCrab

Administrator
Staff-Member
BaseWars Staff
Mar 18, 2019
+1 could be cool we would need to modify it of course but other than that could be good for once we get the Rebels set up completely

Weighted

Manager
Staff-Member
Apr 5, 2019
So I'm going to preface everything I say here so as to not discourage someone by saying that some of these things are fucking awesome. I like them. But the thing is, and most people don't understand this, GUNS, WEAPONS, AND OTHER FORMS OF RESISTANCE ARE NOT MEANT TO BE EASILY ACCESSIBLE BY CITIZENS
There are two guns on this server as citizens, and I know EXACTLY who has them, and where they are at at all times. We aren't going to be releasing more to the citizens quickly. Not even a little bit. The idea is it should be scary to see a Metro-Police Unit. You shouldn't start thinking of how you could fight one, because alone you can't. It's not feasible. Nothing should compel you to do that, ESPECIALLY if you've not been contacted by the rebellion about being a part of it. I like the idea of having more weaponry to use, but even with more weaponry you shouldn't be attacking Civil Protection just because you can. This should all be Roleplay driven. With good reason for the attack.

+1

Saxton Fail

Aug 4, 2019
So I'm going to preface everything I say here so as to not discourage someone by saying that some of these things are fucking awesome. I like them. But the thing is, and most people don't understand this, GUNS, WEAPONS, AND OTHER FORMS OF RESISTANCE ARE NOT MEANT TO BE EASILY ACCESSIBLE BY CITIZENS
There are two guns on this server as citizens, and I know EXACTLY who has them, and where they are at at all times. We aren't going to be releasing more to the citizens quickly. Not even a little bit. The idea is it should be scary to see a Metro-Police Unit. You shouldn't start thinking of how you could fight one, because alone you can't. It's not feasible. Nothing should compel you to do that, ESPECIALLY if you've not been contacted by the rebellion about being a part of it. I like the idea of having more weaponry to use, but even with more weaponry you shouldn't be attacking Civil Protection just because you can. This should all be Roleplay driven. With good reason for the attack.

+1

Well from all the weapons I introduced ALL of them could be easily detected (Except the folded and MAYBE the machete) so using Melee weapons such as an axe or Sword would be normally be used in the ghetto construction center or the sewer system. The only reason I can see where someone who could sensibly bring a weapon out of those areas is for fast assassinations or full-on assault on the government.

Also keep in mind that this server is growing so more people will aspire to become CPs. A pistol can put 6 holes in a man with a sledgehammer before he even swings. I can see adding this in the future but I don't understand forgetting the concept of putting it into the Server.
---------------------------------
Thank you for taking the time out of your day for reading this

Status
Not open for further replies.