My staff application

Status
Not open for further replies.

SirHexagon

Apr 10, 2020
1. SirHexagon
2. Do you have a Microphone? - Yes blue yeti
3. What NotFound.Tech Server are you applying for? Basewars
4. What are your availability times ( Weekdays/Weekends & Timezone )? - ill usually be on in bursts but when i am around 4pm-10pm weekdays and 1pm-11pm
5. Do you have any experience staffing & are you experienced with using ULX or SAM? - Nope to all
6. Why did you choose to apply for NotFound.Tech Servers? - been on, the server for a while and i care about it so id like to be able to help it grow
7. Do you have the ability to record for proof/evidence? - yes nvidia alt + z
8. What are your current in-game hours on the server you are applying for? - 101hours but about 300hours including pre 2020
9. Why do you think we should choose you over others to join the staff team? - i know the server quite well at this point and im really good at finding exploits so rocker can patch them before they're figured out by anyone else
10. If you get accepted and when you are a high enough rank do you plan on becoming Network Staff? - no not really however i might in the future
11. How old are you? - 14
12. Are you bilingual if so what languages can you speak? - No

- Scenarios -

1. If someone was chat spamming what would you do? - if they are doing it with the intention of harming the server i will gag them otherwise ill ask them to stop if not i will gag
2. If someone was having an argument that started getting out of control in chat what would you do? - depends on the situation and the severity if they are using slurs gag if they say threaten to ddos other person i would kick them
3. If another staff member was abusing their rank what would you do? - if they are below me i would record video evidence then demote them
4. If you noticed a player in the distance prop spamming what would you do? ( BaseWars ) - freeze them on the spot then warn them if they continue ill give them a day ban
5. If someone has entities outside of their base what would you do? ( BaseWars ) - call them over to sell it however if it were intentional i would warn them

Wolf_Gaming

Senior-Moderator
Staff-Member
Feb 15, 2020
1. SirHexagon
This requires your steam ID.

6. Why did you choose to apply for NotFound.Tech Servers? - been on, the server for a while and i care about it so id like to be able to help it grow
This is lackluster.
9. Why do you think we should choose you over others to join the staff team? - i know the server quite well at this point and im really good at finding exploits so rocker can patch them before they're figured out by anyone else
Again, this is lackluster and knowing the server quite well isn't bad and you don't need to be staff to report exploits to rocker.

1. If someone was chat spamming what would you do? - if they are doing it with the intention of harming the server i will gag them otherwise ill ask them to stop if not i will gag
You almost never want to go to straight to a warn, you always wanna verbally warn them.

2. If someone was having an argument that started getting out of control in chat what would you do? - depends on the situation and the severity if they are using slurs gag if they say threaten to ddos other person i would kick them
Again, you never wanna go straight to a warn/punishment even with slurs, you wanna tell them to either stop the argument or tell them to take it to pm's and monitor their pm's.

3. If another staff member was abusing their rank what would you do? - if they are below me i would record video evidence then demote them
When it comes to demoting, Rocker or jisatsu (Captain Oppai) do the demotions. You just wanna send the evidence to one of them.

5. If someone has entities outside of their base what would you do? ( BaseWars ) - call them over to sell it however if it were intentional i would warn them
Even if it was intentional, You give them a verbal warning.

Your staff application seems rushed, Instead of reporting joev being on an alt, you just allowed it and even went with it.
Overall your staff application needs serious improvement.

Joev1

May 24, 2019
Brazil
I love you hex but i do think your staff application needs work and a bit more effort.

Joev1-.: Pro staff applicant

Teemo

Staff-Member
Aug 30, 2020
I normally don't think apps are rushed but yours does seem a bit rushed. Btw I don't call an app rushed due to length, imo if you say enough in a small amount you shouldn't need to write a ton of unneeded crap to fluff it up. That is something most people looking at staff apps don't seem to understand.

Taullarcis

Administrator
Staff-Member
Apr 5, 2020
1. SirHexagon
This field also wants your SteamID

You don't need to be on the staff team to report exploits, and shouldn't wait until you are staff to do so. Knowing the server quite well doesn't make you qualified it just means you play alot.

4. If you noticed a player in the distance prop spamming what would you do? ( BaseWars ) - freeze them on the spot then warn them if they continue ill give them a day ban
With 1, you want to give a verbal warn always, I don't know any spamming that can harm the server. But if they continue after a verbal then you can enact warns and gags/mutes
With 2, you want to ask them both to stop, and in the event of a DDOS threat you gather evidence and punish accordingly, since DDOS is more deserving of a ban than a kick.
With 3, you wont be able to demote them, your best bet is to gather evidence and send it to any member of the staff management team
With 4, it sounds like you would be too quick to punish people
With 5, this isn't terribly far off from the action you would take as staff.

Overall for these 5, you seem like you will be a tad heavy handed and willing to hand out punishments.

I feel like this application was a bit rushed, and could use some work. Perhaps play some more, watch in chat to see how staff handle certain situations, and learn a bit about how we handle things here.

Weeabamboozled

Senior-Administrator
Staff-Member
Feb 26, 2019
Texas
I am not sure I need to comment on the application as I would just be regurgitating the previous posts.

Going to need to put more time into your application.

RockerOfWorlds

Community-Owner
Staff-Member
Jan 28, 2019
- Staff Application Denied -

Thank you for taking the time to write a Staff Application.

Denial Reason: You seem to be too immature for a staffing position, your application has had no effort put into it and you failed to follow our application format.​

Status
Not open for further replies.