Inventory System with Crates, Trading, and Specialized Weapons

Taullarcis

Administrator
Staff-Member
Apr 5, 2020
My proposal is to implement an inventory system that uses a special form of currency that can be used to buy items such as crates, models, and possibly other things.
The crates could be opened to obtain cosmetics, weapons, and maybe even money/powerups.

The weapons will have varying stats based on unbox rarity, and maybe special abilities/features for unique guns or guns that are really rare.
You can delete items from your inventory, or trade them up to acquire a weapon of a higher rarity.
You can trade with other players using this specialized currency or even just straight up trade items on their own.

You could be able to equip a set amount of cosmetics, as well as equip a primary weapon, secondary weapon, and melee weapon to spawn with when you die.

Now this can become overpowered as some guns may just be completely superior to others, and to combat this I propose a 'use count' for weapons, maybe have a weapon have a set amount of uses based on its rarity (higher rarities get more uses) and every time you spawn with the item (or re-equip it while alive) it takes the uses remaining down by one to eventually cause it to disappear from the inventory.

Im making this suggestion to see what other people of the server may thing, and maybe they could suggest things to be included with it (or denounce all or parts of my suggestion of you want).

Thanks for reading

♥

Nobody?

Apr 18, 2020
There isn't much reason to implement features that will make newer players to the server at an even higher disadvantage than players who have played longer, and that's my main problem with custom weapons and the old prestige system. I think that if there were eco resets - say every week alongside making leveling a lot faster that this could work because the playing field would be leveled every now and then and no player could become ridiculously OP.

I think the currency should be tied to something PVP based or whatnot. Maybe competing with other players at an event and winning it could give you the currency.

𝐿𝒶𝓏𝓎

May 18, 2019
The addition of specialized weapons seems like an amazing idea, but repeating what Nobody? has said, this would make this extremely unbalanced to the newer players and the older players. For example, the older player with the so called "superior weapon" they could easily wipe out the newer players.

I believe the current combat system now should include reworked bombs, making c4's useful (which can destroy an unarmored printers to promote armoring entities) and more base defenses, etc.

Taullarcis

Administrator
Staff-Member
Apr 5, 2020
will make newer players to the server at an even higher disadvantage than players who have played longer,
This is where the use count comes into play, any player can be the strongest player for a time, but after the gun runs out of uses it goes byebye and the next player can be the one with the best gun.

I think the currency should be tied to something PVP based or whatnot
I think this would actually be really cool, some form of in game event that provides pointshop/inventory currency to players that take part in it.

Taullarcis

Administrator
Staff-Member
Apr 5, 2020
I believe the current combat system now should include reworked bombs, making c4's useful
While reworking this can be useful for raiding, adding a unique inventory system may promote more combat in the streets and a fresh mindset for users who want to learn what the new 'meta' is.