Demon Is an Abusive Admin and a Shitty Human Being

Status
Not open for further replies.

WoodenFloor

Mar 2, 2021
Demon loses his temper, resulting in a warning after someone spell checks him:

I dont know who this guy is or where he came from but he is nothing but trouble.

My recurring faction members and I play for multiple hour long sessions often. We see people come and go all day long. NEVER is there a problem. Any past beef we have had has been squashed. Amends have been made. It's a different story when Demon gets on.

Demon makes it his job to provoke us and then threatens us with warns and toxicity. Basing right next to us just to get his entire faction to start a "gang war" (base camp) with us. Making comments as we teach new players how to play like "How nice of you to teach new players just to raid them later."

This is not our style. I speak for, at the very least, Grinder and myself when I say that whether or not the MASSIVELY INACTIVE staff wants to admit it, WE ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR GROWTH ON THIS SERVER. We go out of our way to teach new players the ropes. We give them a good door design, we give them the run down on making money, we tell them about the weapon customization system. If you look at the list of the most recent 15 VIP donations, I can GURANTEE that Grinder or myself have tought OVER half of them.

We are portrayed as this toxic enemy to the server, simply because we do not get along with an abusive admin who provokes us. There has never been an issue revolving us that has been entirely one sided. We do not attack and torment. We retaliate.

When attempts were made to make things right with Demon outside of the server confines through discord, we got a clear response of who Demon is as a person. "I dont give a fuck, leave me the fuck alone." How professional.

This server, in it's current state, is dying. And you're allowing it to happen. When the new players you're teaching stop to comment about how toxic the Moderator online is being, it makes you wonder how he got there in the first place.

Reactions: Cheif6969 and neff

baby grinder

Feb 26, 2021
A former staff member begged Floor and I to start playing again because the server died (more than it already is) when we stopped playing, stating "there was a max of 6 players on during the weekends even." I say that to say this, we go out of our way to train new players, spending often upwards of 30 minutes alone teaching them how to play, yet we are met with toxicity and hostility. I can switch my role to new player killer, new player raider, and ruin new players' experiences very easily, and I will if treated like this. It is unfathomable that your own staff tells me to "leave him the fuck alone" when i tried to handle things in private messages and then blocked. It matters not if he unblocked me, I will not attempt to work things out again. He metaphorically spat in my face doing such. Getting such a response from staff after dumping hundreds of hours into this server will forever taint my view of it. I am not alone either. Many players are extremely dissatisfied with what has been going on and the only way to fix it is to get better. Floor and I offered of our own free will to create an edited clean tutorial video for BaseWars so that it would be simple and easy for new players to adapt to the environment, however given recent events I now see that it matters not how much I help if a staff member treats me poorly and I react I am the only one to be punished. The server will not ever have an actual active community if this is how things keep going. I actually love this game mode, but I will not sit idly by while your staff actively joins and makes my time worse. I have been on for almost if not more than 10 hours today without a single issue. Demon joins and instantly bases next to us and starts taunting us in proxy chat. Yet, if we taunt back it is hate speech and targeting. It has been consistent every time Demon joins that he is the one who actually targets US. That is all I have to say, I truly hope your staff team becomes better or I fear the server will only spiral out of control more.

Flick

Apr 6, 2021
This would probably be a good time to bring up that Demon raided me and Chase with Buddha (godmode) on a few days ago. Throughout the raid we kept mentioning how he keeps taking no damage from our bullets but he continued to destroy every entity in our base. A few minutes after the raid he disabled Buddha and discovered he "accidently" had it on. I scrolled up through chat and console and couldn't find where he enabled it (it gets logged in chat). This means he had it on for atleast 30 mins before the raid as he was running around the streets shooting people. He decided to double refund the money of the raid but by the time he did it (~20 min later) the printers were set back up and the money was nothing to us. We found it strange that he was even using Buddha (doesn't let you go below 1 hp) and he said he needed it for an admin sit. It seems like staff shouldn't even have access to that command over godmode since it helps hide the damage immunity (during the raid he was saying that adrenaline was saving him).

ShalynnDaxren

Mar 30, 2021
I'd like to remind the court and people here.
This is when it began. Server time is shown and I was in a discord call with demon.
I'm always recording.

• Haha
Reactions: Cheif6969

DemonTheDreamen

Staff.In.Training
Staff-Member
BaseWars Staff
Aug 10, 2020
This would probably be a good time to bring up that Demon raided me and Chase with Buddha (godmode) on a few days ago. Throughout the raid we kept mentioning how he keeps taking no damage from our bullets but he continued to destroy every entity in our base. A few minutes after the raid he disabled Buddha and discovered he "accidently" had it on. I scrolled up through chat and console and couldn't find where he enabled it (it gets logged in chat). This means he had it on for atleast 30 mins before the raid as he was running around the streets shooting people. He decided to double refund the money of the raid but by the time he did it (~20 min later) the printers were set back up and the money was nothing to us. We found it strange that he was even using Buddha (doesn't let you go below 1 hp) and he said he needed it for an admin sit. It seems like staff shouldn't even have access to that command over godmode since it helps hide the damage immunity (during the raid he was saying that adrenaline was saving him).
I would like to point out that it was an accident, and I had probably had it on for a few hours. I mainly had it on because when I do my rounds and handle sits inside people’s bases or try to, I have been killed by defenses before on accident. There is no indicator that I had it activated and I just forgot and went about my day, I never noticed because I thought it was the shield perk... but I started to question it too after you sprayed me in the back and I didn’t die, and yeah it was really embarrassing so I tried to make it better by refunding the raid.
Edit: A lot of the available admin powers are sorta just “Why do we even have that lever?” Moments

Reactions: neff

Mr. HeadCrab

Administrator
Staff-Member
BaseWars Staff
Mar 18, 2019
He refunded you both for the raid after he realized he had it on so you cant use this against him and he also informed the staff team of it

Larsdewolf

Manager
Staff-Member
BaseWars Staff
Dec 28, 2019
- Staff Report Under review -

This Staff Report has been placed Under review.​

• Wow
Reactions: neff

neff

Apr 9, 2021
From what I've seen this has mostly been one sided (by the staff). Also, if you're going to reply here in favor of Demon I'd recommend responding to the main complaints (the posts by Floor and Grinder), not the post by Flick where it's obviously an issue that's already been dealt with and resolved.
No hate towards Demon but this is looking pretty bad for him, imo. The point where the warning over a spell check happened is when for me it started crossing a line into staff abuse rather than just toxicity or anything else.

Cheif6969

Apr 8, 2021
Considering I was the one who got warned, and was told it won't be revoked unless I appealed for it, which I have and you can check out here, I would say it was still completely unfair. Ever since, if I have reported a player for breaking rules, I have been told off for being toxic, if I have made a joke, I have been told off for being toxic, if I kill a player, I have been told off for being toxic. Honestly, anyone that knows me, knows I am not a toxic player. I enjoy playing a game and helping new people, but when an admin and his buddies all gang up and try to get me off of the game, then of course I'm going to fight back. I am going to be as toxic as I was before. When I began playing on the server, I wasn't toxic at all, until I started being harassed by Demon, who would commonly do things (Which I never recorded because my shadowplay is broken) such as noclip/vanish in my base and shoot me, or slay me for no reason during the game, or tell me off for things that aren't even against the rules and things that he allows other players that he likes to do (For example, I was told off for having a textscreen that said "Cum", whilst his friends had one that said "suck my ass and pussy" or something to that effect and got away with it for days).

At this point, it's beyond what I think of Demon as a person, it's goes in to the territory of the fact that he is a straight up abusive moderator who should not be trusted with the commands and privileges that he has, regardless of how active he is or isn't.

Reactions: rotter and neff

DemonTheDreamen

Staff.In.Training
Staff-Member
BaseWars Staff
Aug 10, 2020
Considering I was the one who got warned, and was told it won't be revoked unless I appealed for it, which I have and you can check out here, I would say it was still completely unfair. Ever since, if I have reported a player for breaking rules, I have been told off for being toxic, if I have made a joke, I have been told off for being toxic, if I kill a player, I have been told off for being toxic. Honestly, anyone that knows me, knows I am not a toxic player. I enjoy playing a game and helping new people, but when an admin and his buddies all gang up and try to get me off of the game, then of course I'm going to fight back. I am going to be as toxic as I was before. When I began playing on the server, I wasn't toxic at all, until I started being harassed by Demon, who would commonly do things (Which I never recorded because my shadowplay is broken) such as noclip/vanish in my base and shoot me, or slay me for no reason during the game, or tell me off for things that aren't even against the rules and things that he allows other players that he likes to do (For example, I was told off for having a textscreen that said "Cum", whilst his friends had one that said "suck my ass and pussy" or something to that effect and got away with it for days).

At this point, it's beyond what I think of Demon as a person, it's goes in to the territory of the fact that he is a straight up abusive moderator who should not be trusted with the commands and privileges that he has, regardless of how active he is or isn't.
So regarding the signs, I have seen the screen shots of his sign, and yes I did ask you to change yours, but I haven’t been in game where “my friends” are using that sign, sorry that I can’t be all places at once and I can’t catch every little detail, also I don’t know if you’ve seen yet but your warn was removed.

Status
Not open for further replies.