Ban appeal from staff application.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joev1

May 24, 2019
Brazil
1. What is your Steam Name & SteamID?Joev1-. ,STEAM_1:1:147090491
2. What is your Discord Name & ID ( Example#0000 )? Joev1-.#4490
3. Are you appealing for a Ban, Mute or Warn? Ban on staff application.
4. What platform are you appealing for ( Server or Discord )? Errm forums i guess.
5. If you're appealing for a Server which NotFound.Tech Server are you appealing for? Basewars
6. Why do you think your appeal should be accepted?
So i was banned from applying for staff a long time ago for plagiarism on a staff application.

I do not deny having copped some of this other person Scenarios on their staff app, i only used 1 or 2 paragraphs that were basically the same as what i would of wrote, and even those i removed chunks from and worded how i thought was right.

I was a bit younger then and was really stupid.
I am an active member of the community and i recently put out a staff app that may have gotten accepted if ot wasnt for this incident months ago.

I have definitely learned my lesson now, and just really want to re apply as soon as possible.

D

Deleted member 164

Rather than trying to justify your actions by saying "i only used 1 or 2 paragraphs that were basically the same as what i would of wrote, and even those i removed chunks from and worded how i thought was right", own up to what you did, and dont try to look for a scapegoat. Once youre able to admit what you did was wrong FULLY, you have my support in being unbanned from posting applications, Although, my support does not trump a former staff manager's decision. This one will be left up to Rocker and Jisatsu/Captain Oppai to discuss.

Captain Oppai

God Of Sempus
Director
Staff-Member
May 15, 2019
Trust is a thing that all members of our staff must have from one another, and we have to essentially give some pseudo trust in the applying members. However you broke that trust with what you did, you even now won't blatantly admit you plagiarized. For all we know you just looked through other's applications and paraphrased them as your own. We do appreciate that you're an active member, but again you broke that trust. While we would love some more people to ease the load on current staff we can't accept anyone we can't trust into the team especially if they are gonna be more active when no other staff members are. Another thing while I wouldn't exactly pinpoint this as an issue you do have an active warn on you, as well as a complaint. While looking at the footage of the complaint you aren't doing anything against the rules, but the way you handled the situation with those people was very poor.

Joev1

May 24, 2019
Brazil
I have an acive warn??

when from.
Also what do you mean "the way i handeled the situation with those peeople was very poor." Do you mean the people who constantly spawn camped, killed everyone on site with a knife and repetidly made attempts to torment you and your team mates?
I know i could of acted better in that situation but that scene does not depict the way in whitch i would of acted as a staff member. As a staff member iw would of had the ability to atually do something about it if they were breaking the rules.

However i do not deny i did plagiarize certain parts of this players staff application, i wish to have a clean slate on this, this was many months ago and i am truely sorry.
If i do something like this again you can perms ban me in game too but i promise you that it was just a stupid mistake i made.

Captain Oppai

God Of Sempus
Director
Staff-Member
May 15, 2019
I have an acive warn??

when from.
Also what do you mean "the way i handeled the situation with those peeople was very poor." Do you mean the people who constantly spawn camped, killed everyone on site with a knife and repetidly made attempts to torment you and your team mates?
I know i could of acted better in that situation but that scene does not depict the way in whitch i would of acted as a staff member. As a staff member iw would of had the ability to atually do something about it if they were breaking the rules.

However i do not deny i did plagiarize certain parts of this players staff application, i wish to have a clean slate on this, this was many months ago and i am truely sorry.
If i do something like this again you can perms ban me in game too but i promise you that it was just a stupid mistake i made.
03/19 was the date, entities outside of base.

Also if that was something that was happening with them you should have recorded it (like you said you could) and even if you were staff you wouldn't have been able to do anything differently, they weren't breaking the rules during that time. It honestly makes me more hesitant if you think you should have done something in an official capacity even though they did nothing. It's nothing about power, it's about your general maturity and understanding of how you should act.

Joev1

May 24, 2019
Brazil
"do something about it do something about it if they were breaking the rules."

You seem to be ignoring that part of the statement and implying that im gonna use my powers on players that havent broken a rule.

Last edited:
Apr 12, 2020
Not sure if I'm allowed to respond to the post since I'm not staff. I am "the people" faction that he refers to.

From my perspective, you seem to imply if you were staff, the response and outcome would've been different. The way you act should not be different if you are a regular player or staff.

Here's a quick recap of the situation.
- You admitted knowing Gnui was breaking rules.
- Instead of stopping him to the best of your ability, you actively participated in it.
- You stated he's 5 years old and therefore not your problem.

The only thing you could've done as staff is attempt to stop gnui from breaking rules. You didn't imply any intentions of by shooting at us also.

Last edited:

Captain Oppai

God Of Sempus
Director
Staff-Member
May 15, 2019
Not sure if I'm allowed to respond to the post since I'm not staff. I am "the people" faction that he refers to.

From my perspective, you seem to imply if you were staff, the response and outcome would've been different. The way you act should not be different if you are a regular player or staff.

Here's a quick recap of the situation.
- You admitted knowing Gnui was breaking rules.
- Instead of stopping him to the best of your ability, you actively participated in it.
- You stated he's 5 years old and therefore not your problem.

The only thing you could've done as staff is attempt to stop gnui from breaking rules. You didn't imply any intentions of by shooting at us also.

PeterIsMyMasterFanClub put this well. You did imply that if you were staff you would have acted differently, I'm not ignoring your statement. If you wouldn't have done anything differently than you shouldn't have added that comment. Even if you're staff or a normal member you should have acted the same in a sense, if your friend was breaking the rules you should have done anything in your capacity to stop him. You didn't try to do anything from the things I've seen.

So here are the things going against you.
  1. You plagiarized other applicants.
  2. You have had a complaint against you.
  3. You have an active warning.
  4. You seem to think you will be completely different when a staff member. This makes me believe you will be more abusive and let things slide, for example like your friend.
  5. It seems you lack general maturity.
So all in all your appeal is

Accepted
Your suspension has been reduced to three years.

Reactions: Joev1
Status
Not open for further replies.